Saturday, October 19, 2013

Kitchen Redo

Before and After from the beginning...before we moved in we painted the walls grey and the countertops a darker grey (like dark concrete). The countertops were painted with Rust-Oleum countertop paint ($20)...this stuff is pretty easy and has stood up to a house of 4 for over a year now, but I would definitely recommend it only as a temporary update while you save up to redo the countertops as it will get chipped buy knives very easily. Also, be warned, it smells really bad until it dries! Pretty amazing what a little paint will do! :-)


This update: $30!!

Next up, a tin tile back splash. This was super easy and only $30! I just cut to size and attached to wall. I didn't even have to glue them, they slipped right in under the cabinets. Which will be great if/when I get bored and want a change :-)

OK, so far that's $60 from those two projects. Now to update those cabinets!!


To add some personality and pop I added trim to frame out each door, changed out the drawer pulls to brushed nickel cup pulls, and to make it look cleaner I removed the pulls from the cabinet doors. Oh yeah and a good coating of fresh paint...once again thanks to Rustoleum! (no I'm not being paid lol...I just love how easy and affordable their stuff is!)




Break Down on this project:
Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations = $75
Drawer Pulls $20 for 6 (x2) = $40
1/4" x 1-3/4" x 8' PVC Moulding = $4 (x13) = $52

Total = $167 (actually $127 because the drawer pulls were a gift at my house warming party...no way I'd spend that much on them, you know that!)

So there you have it...a complete kitchen update for under $200!!

No comments:

Post a Comment